Paleonet: UV lights

Mitch Covington mitch at bugware.com
Fri Aug 17 20:11:38 GMT 2007

Marcella,

For nannofossil slide preparation, we use optical adhesive that cures
with UV light. This web site has compact lights that we've had very good
luck with, despite travel via helicopter to and from the rig.  They are
expensive, however, but last a long time.  Replacement bulbs are
available.

http://uvp.com/new/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=111

For slide prep in our home lab, we just go to Wal-Mart and get their $20
UV lamps, which work fine.

Hope this helps,
Mitch

Mitch Covington