Paleonet: T49. Putting Biology back in Biostratigraphy

Hao HUANG geohaohuang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 01:17:50 GMT 2009

Dear Professor Ward,

This is an awesome idea to treat fosills as once living organisms, instead of just time markers. This is especially true and important, if we explore the paleoecological and paleobiogeographic implications of fossils.

Could you please refer me to some books or papers about intra-specific variation and specific duration in geological history? These two subjects interest me the most, when I study Permian fusulinids.

Best wishes!

Sincerely,
Hao HUANG