Paleonet: 13th RCMNS Congress 2009 - Napoli (Italy) - 2-6 September 2009 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - Tectono-sedimentary evolution of Peri-Mediterranean areas

Fabrizio Lirer fabrizio.lirer at iamc.cnr.it
Thu Mar 19 12:12:27 GMT 2009

*13th Congress RCMNS (Regional Committee on Mediterranean Neogene
Stratigraphy), Naples (Italy), 2-6 September 2009*

Dear colleagues,
We would like to draw your attention to the RCMNS session on
Tectono-sedimentary evolution of Peri-Mediterranean areas, which Carlo
Doglioni and Luigi Ferranti are hosting during the RCMNS Meeting in
Naples, Italy (2 -4 September 2009):
The deadline of abstract submission is *May 30th.
*---------------------------------
*T3 Basin Analysis: *Tectono-sedimentary evolution of Peri-Mediterranean
areas

convenors: Carlo Doglioni (/University La Sapienza of //Roma//)/ and
Luigi Ferranti (/University Federico II of Napoli/) (lferrant at unina.it
<mailto:lferrant at unina.it>)
During the meeting there will be a session on "Tectono-sedimentary
evolution of Peri-Mediterranean areas". We hope you may consider to
present a paper in our session.

The present-day geological architecture of the Mediterranean orogen is
the result of subduction zones affecting a pre-existing articulate
Tethyan paleogeography and paleostructure. The orogens have been shaped
mostly from Late Mesozoic to Present by complex and rapid tectonic
processes whose fingerprint is preserved in sedimentary basins
genetically associated to both extensional and contractional belts.

The session "Tectono-sedimentary evolution of Peri-Mediterranean areas"
welcomes studies in structural geology, metamorphic evolution,
geodynamics and basin analysis that contribute to our understanding of
the interplay between tectonic processes and sedimentary response at
various spatial and temporal scales during the Neogene history of the
Mediterranean orogen. We particularly encourage submissions that
integrate disparate methodological approaches suitable of pivoting the
focus of present and future research on this long-standing topic toward
a refined and modern analytical and synthetic scenario. In case of
interest, please send the abstract to RCMNS Secretary Fabrizio Lirer
(fabrizio.lirer at iamc.cnr.it <mailto:fabrizio.lirer at iamc.cnr.it>) before
the May 30, 2009.

With our best regards,

Carlo Doglioni and Luigi Ferranti

To learn more about *13th Congress RCMNS 2009*:

*http://www.geomare.na.cnr.it/RCMNS.html *and click on *Next RCMNS Meeting* from the side *Menu*.

Fabrizio Lirer
Istituto Ambiente Marino Costiero (IAMC)-CNR
Calata Porta di Massa, interno Porto di Napoli
80133, Napoli
Italy
Tel:+39 81 5423851
Fax:+39 81 5423888
E-mail: fabrizio.lirer at iamc.cnr.it
Secretary of the Regional Committee
on Mediterranean Neogene Stratigraphy (RCMNS)
http://www.geomare.na.cnr.it/RCMNS.html
Secretary of the Italian Commission on Stratigraphy (CIS)