Paleonet: Position re-opened, University of Arizona

Helena Fortunato fortunatomh at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:02:27 GMT 2009

Dear Dr Flessa,

I would like to know if the position with your group has nationality restrictions.

I am portuguese and hold an EU passport, but have no green card for the US.

I am a biologist and worked for many years with Jeremy Jackson and the Panama Paleontology Project. I work mostly with shallow water mollusk communities and am currently finishing a visiting position in Kiel, north Germany.

Among my current interests are studies of past climate events, its reflection in shallow marine communities and results extrapolation to todays' climate trends.

I know of your work of course and it would be a pleasure to be able to work with your group.

I have a considerable teaching experience both in Panama and here in Kiel.

I would appreciate if you could let me know of any other information concerning the position (is there an age limit for example?).

Thank you for your attention. Sincerely

Helena Fortunato

“Eu não escrevo em português. Escrevo eu mesmo” F. Pessoa

"A vida é hoje e amanhã, em paz com ontem"