Paleonet: A special offer for your library: CLARIFICATION

Bruno Granier granierbruno at orange.fr
Sun Oct 25 10:01:19 GMT 2009

Dear Colleagues,
it looks like my previous message requires a clarification.
In the recent past (with previous issues, i.e., tomes 4 and 5, in 2007
and 2008) we found that some people take advantage of our offer to get
their personal copy free of charge and did not circulate the CD around
... though the goal of our offer was to make it available to their local
community of scientists! Accordingly the "librarian"/"person in charge"
and the "referee" CANNOT be the same person. All Paleoneters are
educated and trustable people: there is no doubt about it BUT we at
Carnets have to apply the same rules independentaly of the cultural
background of the person applying for a FREE copy.
I hope you do not get me wrong (that is not easy to say simple things in
English when one, like me, is not a native English speaker) ...
PLEASE be kind and ask one of your colleagues to be your referee (to
support your candidacy): he/she can send a message stating you are the
"contact person at" / "person in charge of" the library.
OR
contact your librarian (or person in charge), tell him/her about this
offer and return to me with the information
* your name and email address (you will be the reference person)
* the librarian's name and his/her email address
* the library postal address ... where to send the parcel with the DVD

Then you will be added to the list and will keep on receiving the
forthcoming issues (still FREE of charge).
Best regards,
Bruno

(Please note that shipping a DVD costs more than manufacturing it!)