Paleonet: Age of Stromatolite

Michael W. Rasser michael.rasser at smns-bw.de
Thu Aug 5 08:34:03 GMT 2010

Dear colleagues,
MANY thanks to those who responded to my request!
If you are interested - this stromatolite seems to be of Maastrichtian
age and was found in the El Molino Formation, although fossil trader
sell it as "Early Proterozoic". Here is a thesis on this formation:
http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-0619102-182614/unrestricted/Fink_thesis.pdf
The stromatolite is figured on page 45 (at least I hope that it is the
correct one)
Many greetings, Michael

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Michael W. Rasser
Kurator für Känozoische Invertebraten

Postal address: Rosenstein 1, D-70191 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone.: +49-(0)711/8936-146 | Fax: +49-(0)711/8936-100
NEU/NEW: michael.rasser at smns-bw.de
Museum: http://science.naturkundemuseum-bw.de/de/palaeontologie/rasser