Paleonet: mysterious lower Carboniferous fossil from Alabama

David Kopaska-Merkel davidkm at gsa.state.al.us
Tue Nov 2 20:53:22 GMT 2010

I would like to thank all of those who responded for your helpful
comments. Alas, there seem to be two competing interpretations. This is
definitely an improvement over my original zero interpretations! The
specimen was in a flat surface of bedrock and was not collected.
However, we now know what to look for, and will definitely try to
collect anything similar that we see in the future.

Thank you,

David

David C Kopaska-Merkel

Geological Survey of Alabama

Box 869999

Tuscaloosa AL 35486-6999

205-247-3695

www.gsa.state.al.us

fax 205-349-2861

Got questions? sednet might have answers: