Paleonet: Triassic Rusophycus

Theropod theropod at ubtanet.com
Thu Oct 7 04:31:36 GMT 2010

  We have discovered small, abundant, parallel-oriented, Rusophycus-like
tracks in fluvial beds in the Late Triassic Chinle Formation in Dinosaur
National Monument. Our suspicion is that they are made by an
notosctracan crustacean. However, literature on supposed traces of these
organisms seems limited. I have been trying to obtain a copy of the
following paper, which reportedly describes such traces, but have had no
luck, even through electronic subscriptions at several institutions. I
was wondering if anyone on this list might have a pdf of it that they
would be willing to send me:

Bromley, R.G. & Asgaard, U. 1979: Triassic freshwater ichnocoenoses from
Carlsberg Fjord, East Greenland. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology,
Palaeoecology 28, 39–80.

Thanks

Dan Chure
Paleontologist