Paleonet: Tenure Track Position Announcement

David Goodwin goodwind at denison.edu
Thu Oct 7 19:08:20 GMT 2010

Colleagues,

Please note the following Tenure Track Position Announcement.  We have intentionally cast our net widely.  But please note that one of of our desired fields of interest is climate or ocean sciences, low-temperature geochemistry, sedimentology/stratigraphy.

Please forward this announcement to appropriate candidates.

Also note that application material should be submitted by October 25, 2010 for full consideration.

Regards,
Dave

Assistant Professor, Earth Surface Processes.

The Department of Geosciences at Denison University invites applications for a tenure track position to begin Fall 2011. We seek a broadly-trained scientist engaged in the study of Earth surface processes or environmental change, who shows potential as an outstanding teacher/scholar and who will enhance the diversity of our program. Desirable specialties include: 1) active tectonics, geomorphology, geophysics or 2) climate or ocean sciences, low-temperature geochemistry, sedimentology/stratigraphy.

We seek a field-oriented colleague committed to teaching excellence, who has broad interests beyond their specialty and will provide a balance of classroom, field and laboratory experiences for our students. Denison is a selective liberal arts college strongly committed to, and supportive of, excellence in teaching and active faculty research that involves undergraduate students. A Ph.D. at the time of appointment is required.

All application materials will be handled electronically at https://employment.denison.edu. Include a letter of application; statements of your approaches to teaching and research in a liberal arts setting as well as ways in which your expertise would expand, enrich and complement our program; a vita; academic transcripts; and contact information for three references.

Please contact Dr. David Greene, Department of Geosciences, Denison University, Granville, OH 43023; (740) 587-6476;
greened at denison.edu for more information. Application materials should arrive by October 25, 2010 for full
consideration. We plan to meet with selected candidates attending GSA in early November.

Denison University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to foster a diverse campus community, which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic background.
David H. Goodwin
Associate Professor
Department of Geosciences
Denison University