Paleonet: Paleonet Digest, Vol 43, Issue 7

Karen Koy kkoy at missouriwestern.edu
Fri Oct 8 19:09:08 GMT 2010

Y'all have been holding out on me, haven't you? Share the wealth, Argentinian paleontologists!

"  FYI: The following radio ad has been running in a number of media
markets, including Chicago and Denver (notice emphasized section):

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is stop
digging! Right now, Washington is spending...and spending, and spending,
at an alarming rate! They've overspent by 13 trillion dollars, nearly
the size of our entire economy, and they're not stopping. You don't have
to be an economist to see how this level of spending is unsustainable.
It isn't creating jobs, isn't moving the economy, it's just not working.
Hello? The bridge to no where was a drop in the budget. Today Washington
is spending billions on special interest projects, like tunnels for
turtles, and *digging for fossils in other countries*. It has to stop.
Go to bankruptingamerica.org and tell Washington to stop spending us
into the ground. Contact your congressman today. Help us climb out of
this hole. Hello? A little help down here? Learn more at
bankruptingamerica.org."

Dr. Karen Koy
Assistant Professor of Geology
Department of Biology