Paleonet: New Treatise volume

Frank Holterhoff frank at matricus.com
Thu Aug 11 21:28:09 GMT 2011


Sorry, I see now - you have to click on the check mark in the "book" 
box.  Not terribly obvious to some of us more senile types. :D

F

On 8/11/2011 4:23 PM, Frank Holterhoff wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I've now gotten to the Treatise page through the PS member area, but I
> don't see any link to actually buy, such as a cart. Am I missing something?
>
> Frank
>
> On 8/11/2011 3:57 PM, Paul Selden wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> In response to people having trouble accessing the /Treatise/ web sites
>> from society web sites.
>>
>> Some links go directly (e.g. Palaeontological Association to /Treatise/
>> hard-copy volumes), others require another username and password (for
>> technical reasons). In the latter case, the username and password is not
>> your own for the society web site, but is the one shown on the Members’
>> Area page (same for everyone).
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Best wishes, Paul
>>
>> PS: there is only one discount; the society member one is best, and is
>> all the time, not just until August 15th.
>>
>> Paul Selden
>> Director of the Paleontological Institute
>> Gulf-Hedberg Distinguished Professor of Invertebrate Paleontology,
>> Department of Geology
>> University of Kansas
>> Lindley Hall, 1475 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
>>
>> Email: selden at ku.edu <mailto:selden at ku.edu>
>> Phone (785) 864-2751 Lab (785) 864-9049 iPhone (785) 393-5625
>> Paleontological Institute web site: http://paleo.ku.edu
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2011, at 3:49 PM, Frank Holterhoff wrote:
>>
>>> Two further questions:
>>>
>>> - I logged on to the PS member area and reached the point where it
>>> requests a username and password to access the Treatise page. Where do
>>> we get those, or are they the same as our email address and PS member
>>> number?
>>>
>>> - Do PS and PalAss members get both discounts if we purchase before
>>> August 15?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Frank
>>>
>>> On 8/11/2011 3:16 PM, Bjørn Funke wrote:
>>>> Hello Mr. Selden
>>>>
>>>> I tried to order the latest Treatise volume, but was unable to link
>>>> into
>>>> "Go to the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology site...
>>>> <http://paleo.ku.edu/member/treatise/>" in PalAss page
>>>> http://members.palass.org/index.php?stage=treatise
>>>> The server asks for a username and password, and -alas- mine is not
>>>> accepted.
>>>> Please tell me how to order this volume, at the 20% member discount.
>>>>
>>>> sincerely,
>>>> Bjørn Funke
>>>> (bjorn at funke.no <mailto:bjorn at funke.no>)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 2011-07-26 19:22, Paul Selden wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Dear all
>>>>>
>>>>> The Paleontological Institute is pleased to announce the publication
>>>>> of the latest volume of the */Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology/:
>>>>> Part T (Revised) Echinodermata 2, vol. 3, Crinoidea, 2011*, edited by
>>>>> Paul A. Selden.
>>>>>
>>>>> The 15% pre-order discount has been extended through August 15, 2011.
>>>>> Orders can be made through the Paleontological Institute web site:
>>>>> http://paleo.ku.edu/treatise.
>>>>>
>>>>> This latest volume and all /Treatise/ volumes are available at a 20%
>>>>> discount to members of either the Paleontological Society or the
>>>>> Palaeontological Association. Members must access the Paleontological
>>>>> Institute site through their society home pages. A user name and
>>>>> password are required for the member discount.
>>>>>
>>>>> In addition, three new articles have been posted to /Treatise Online/
>>>>> (available free to PalSoc and PalAss members through their member
>>>>> websites), listed below, and there are 6 more articles soon to follow.
>>>>> Chapters are available for purchase or through individual or
>>>>> institutional subscriptions (see our website for details:
>>>>> http://paleo.ku.edu/treatiseonline).
>>>>>
>>>>> West, R. R. 2011. Part E, Revised, Volume 4, Chapter 2A: Introduction
>>>>> to the fossil hypercalcified chaetetid-type Porifera (Demospongiae).
>>>>> /Treatise Online/ *20*:1–79, 52 fig.
>>>>> West, R. R. 2011. Part E, Revised, Volume 4, Chapter 2B: Functional
>>>>> morphology of the fossil hypercalcified chaetetid-type Porifera
>>>>> (Demospongiae). /Treatise Online/ *21*:1–38, 9 fig., 9 tables.
>>>>> West, R. R. 2011. Part E, Revised, Volume 4, Chapter 2C:
>>>>> Classification of the fossil and living hypercalcified chaetetid-type
>>>>> Porifera (Demospongiae). /Treatise Online/ *22*:1–24, 6 tables.
>>>>>
>>>>> //Best regards
>>>>> //
>>>>>
>>>>> Paul Selden
>>>>> Director of the Paleontological Institute
>>>>> Gulf-Hedberg Distinguished Professor of Invertebrate Paleontology,
>>>>> Department of Geology
>>>>> University of Kansas
>>>>> Lindley Hall, 1475 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
>>>>>
>>>>> Email: selden at ku.edu <mailto:selden at ku.edu> <mailto:selden at ku.edu>
>>>>> Phone (785) 864-2751 Lab (785) 864-9049 iPhone (785) 393-5625
>>>>> Paleontological Institute web site: http://paleo.ku.edu
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Paleonet mailing list
>>>>> Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk <mailto:Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk>
>>>>> http://mailman.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/paleonet
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Bjørn Funke
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Paleonet mailing list
>>>> Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk <mailto:Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk>
>>>> http://mailman.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/paleonet
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> No virus found in this message.
>>>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> <http://www.avg.com>
>>>> Version: 10.0.1392 / Virus Database: 1520/3826 - Release Date: 08/10/11
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank K. Holterhoff Matricus Inc.
>>> Physical Design Engineer 522 South Edmonds Lane, Suite 204
>>> 972-221-1614 Lewisville, Texas 75067
>>> frank at matricus.com <mailto:frank at matricus.com> USA
>>> www.matricus.com <http://www.matricus.com>
>>> www.laytools.com <http://www.laytools.com>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Paleonet mailing list
>>> Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk <mailto:Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk>
>>> http://mailman.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/paleonet
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Paleonet mailing list
>> Paleonet at nhm.ac.uk
>> http://mailman.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/paleonet
>>
>>
>>
>> No virus found in this message.
>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>> Version: 10.0.1392 / Virus Database: 1520/3826 - Release Date: 08/10/11
>>
>

-- 
Frank K. Holterhoff         Matricus Inc.
Physical Design Engineer    522 South Edmonds Lane, Suite 204
972-221-1614                Lewisville, Texas   75067
frank at matricus.com          USA
                             www.matricus.com
                             www.laytools.com




More information about the Paleonet mailing list