Paleonet: Carboniferous spore

Tony D'Agostino fossil53 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 01:44:27 GMT 2012

I've been looking into the Carboniferous miospore *Microreticulatisporites
nobilis *lately. I find that for a nominate taxa of a Westphalian
assemblage zone, the true range of this spore is not well documented.
Do any of you in the paly community have any opinions on the extinction of *M.
nobilis?* Is it at the Westphalian/Stephanian boundary? Possibly at the
Stephanian A/B boundary? What is it's relationship to the Euro stages and
substages? Any help would be appreciated.

--
Tony D’Agostino
20746 Prince Creek Drive