Paleonet: Fwd: Palaeo50

Sarah Greene sgreene at usc.edu
Fri Aug 31 13:08:15 GMT 2012

Apologies if this has already been circulated and I missed it!

-Sarah

***************

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross posting. This is a reminder about Palaeo50, a horizon
scanning workshop at the Long-term Ecology Laboratory of the Oxford
Biodiversity Institute on 13th-14th December, 2012. The aim of the workshop
is to identify the 50 most pressing questions in palaeoecology. What
questions should palaeoecology answer in order to contribute to key areas
of its related research agendas? Please note that the deadline for
applications to attend the workshop is 14th September 2012.

Whether a palaeoecologist, ecologist or policy maker, anyone can contribute:

By submitting questions (Deadline 31st October, 2012)
By applying to come to Oxford and select the 50 most pressing questions. We
would like to bring together a diverse panel of expertise and there is some
funding to support postgraduate students and early career researchers
(Deadline 14th September 2012).
We would appreciate your input in this exercise, either by spreading the
word about this workshop by forwarding this message to your colleagues, by
applying, or by coordinating your group to submit a list of questions that
you think are important.

So far the response has been excellent, but we are looking for as diverse a
workshop as possible. We look forward to receiving your questions and
applications!

Best wishes,

Alistair Seddon*, Ambroise Baker* and Anson Mackay**
*Oxford Long-term Ecology Laboratory, University of Oxford.
**Environmental Change Research Centre, UCL

Follow us on Twitter: @Palaeo50

Web page: http://oxlel.zoo.ox.ac.uk/50-pressing-questions-palaeoecology

Sponsored by PAGES, the British Ecological Society, The Quaternary Research
Association, and the Biodiversity Institute at the Oxford Martin School.

--
Dr. Sarah E. Greene
sarah.greene at bristol.ac.uk
School of Geographical Sciences