Paleonet: most iconic / most important fossils

Ron Eng rceng at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 14 17:44:29 GMT 2012

Here’s another vote for stromatolites. (Didn’t they rule the earth for more than a couple of billion years?)

And how about…

the Vendobionta

Pikaia from the Burgess Shale

ammonoids and nautiloids

birds and the non-avian dinosaurs

Ronald Eng
Geology Collections Manager
Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture
University of Washington
Box 353010
Seattle, WA 98195-3010

e-mail: rceng at uw.edu <mailto:rceng at u.washington.edu>