Paleonet: Paleonet mailing list

Christian Emig brachnet at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Nov 18 19:07:01 GMT 2012

Bonsoir (local time),

The tendency to use email addresses with anonymous IP (yahoo, gmail, hotmail , etc.) becomes aa problem to identify the scientist and his true identity. I disagree with, especially as co-editor of a scientific journal because this is a good opportunity for fraudulent relationships. Examples exist - see Carnets de Géologie.
I have in mind that a scientist has to use a professional email (i.e., of his Institute), allowing to identify him as really member of.

Of course this message is not against Ingrid C. Romero - just an example - nevertheless why she do not use the professional address given by the institute:  romeroic at si.edu
Cordiales salutations,

Dr. Christian Emig
Directeur de Recherches Honoraire au CNRS

BrachNet
20 Rue Chaix
F - 13007 Marseille
(France)