Paleonet: Paleo Society Topical Sessions at GSA 2014

Thomas Olszewski olszewski at geos.tamu.edu
Sat Dec 7 16:44:39 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I would like to encourage paleontologists of all stripes to submit proposals for topical sessions at GSA in Vancouver, BC (19-22 October 2014). Topical sessions are a great way to make sure that the subjects that most interest you are the ones on the schedule at the meeting because you organize the talks and invite the speakers. To get Paleontological Society sponsorship of your session, simply contact me, the society's program coordinator; with Society sponsorship, you can request funds to bring speakers who would not normally attend GSA.

The deadline for submitting a session proposal is 14 January 2014 -- for more details, see GSA's website: https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2014AM/sessionproposals.epl

Tom Olszewski
Paleontological Society Program Coordinator

Thomas Olszewski
Associate Professor
Department of Geology and Geophysics and
Interdisciplinary Research Program in
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Texas A&M University
3115 TAMU
College Station, TX  77843-3115
office: Halbouty 263
phone: (979)845-2465
fax: (979)845-6162
e-mail: olszewski at geos.tamu.edu

The wrong view of science betrays
itself in the craving to be right. -- Karl Popper