Paleonet: Teaching: making paleo relevant

Thomas Hegna thegna at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 20:15:24 GMT 2013

All,
  To those of you who teach classes like Historical Geology, History of the Earth, and Paleontology: how do you make connections between events in the past (both in terms of mechanism and scale) and those we see today? I feel like thus far in my teaching I have kept these connections too general (sea-level rise, climate change, etc.) and not tied it down with meaningful specifics. How do others approach this?
Best,
Tom

Thomas A. Hegna

http://wiu.academia.edu/ThomasHegna