Paleonet: Nylon sieve mesh

Anthony Butcher anthony.butcher at port.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 16:53:40 GMT 2013

Dear all,

Slightly odd request, but I'm desperate!

I use 10 micron nylon monofilament sieve mesh for palynological sieving,
and have discovered our stock has been depleted (as no-one let me know
stocks were running low).

I've put an order request through our purchasing department, but being a
geology department such things move at plate tectonic speed, and I
desperately need some to finish off some student samples.

I wondered, therefore, whether anyone in the UK might (a) use this same
mesh, and (b) might be able to lend me say a metre/half-metre of mesh until
my order comes in? (at which point I would send you a direct replacement).

The mesh I use is from Clarcor UK (product number NY/MO/10/3) (
http://www.clarcoruk.com/lockertex/products/precision_woven/nylon_sizes/index.htm),
and I cut this into 12x12cm squares to use with Normesh 'MiniSiv' acrylic
sieves.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone can help out with a temporary loan!

All the best,

Tony.

*Dr Anthony Butcher **Senior Lecturer - Geology & Palaeontology*
University of Portsmouth
Burnaby Building
Burnaby Road
Portsmouth
PO1 3QL
United kingdom
Tel: (+44) 23 9284 2486
Fax: (+44) 23 9284 2244
anthony.butcher at port.ac.uk

*Biostratigraphy - Palynology - Micropalaeontology*