Paleonet: U.S. Topographic Maps

jwhagadorn at dmns.org jwhagadorn at dmns.org
Sat Nov 23 15:14:29 GMT 2013

Colleagues:

I am writing to see if you might be interested in a donation of a large collection of topographic maps.

Over the decades our Museum has acquired a substantial collection of topographic maps, but with the imminent move to our new collections facility, we are seeking to refocus and streamline our map collections.

Our maps are catalogued, inventoried, and stored flat.  The maps span the 50 U.S. states, and include 7.5’ (1:24,000), 15’ (1:62,500), 30’ (1:125,000), 30’x60’ (1:100,000) and 1⁰x2⁰ (1:250,000) maps.  We also have a limited number of national park, Canadian, and Antarctic maps.

If you or one of your colleagues is interested in these maps, please let me know which states you may have interest in.  We are primarily interested in giving large lots of maps (e.g., 100+ maps from one state or geographic region) to peer institutions, rather than assorted maps to individuals.  Please feel free to forward my message to a colleague if you know someone who might be interested.

We will begin downsizing our map collections in January 2014.

Sincerely,

Whitey Hagadorn

James W. Hagadorn, Ph.D.
Tim & Kathryn Ryan Curator of Geology