Paleonet: The 6th International Symposium on Lithographic Plattenkalk and Limestone in Saltillo, Mexico, 17-19 September 2014

Christina Ifrim christina.ifrim at geow.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Nov 27 12:04:54 GMT 2013

 We cordially invite you to the 6th International Symposium on Lithographic Limestones and Plattenkalk, for which the new date for the meeting is 17-19 September 2014.

This multidisciplinary meeting is planned to address aspects of the study of lithographic limestones and plattenkalk deposits across all disciplines, from palaeontology (taxonomy, palaeoecology, taphonomy), to geology (stratigraphy, sedimentology, palaeoenvironments), and also mineralogy and petrology of Plattenkalk deposits and related Fossil-Lagerstätten. The meeting is organized in collaboration with the Institute of Earth Sciences of the University of Heidelberg, Germany. We plan fieldtrips to the famous plattenkalk deposits of Vallecillo, but also to other important localities in the region.

Please contact ISLLP2014 at geow.uni-heidelberg.de for more information, or visit the meeting's website (isllpsaltillo.uni-hd.de).

We are looking forward to welcoming our colleagues in the beautiful Museo del Desierto in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico!

Christina Ifrim, Wolfgang Stinnesbeck, Arturo H. Gonzalez Gonzalez and Rosario Gomez
Dr. Christina Ifrim
Institut für Geowissenschaften * Ruprecht-Karls-Universität
Im Neuenheimer Feld 234 * 69120 Heidelberg * Germany
Tel. +49 6221 544 835 * Fax +49 6221 545 503