Paleonet: Pygodus serrus or Pygodus serra (Hadding) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

John.Laurie at ga.gov.au John.Laurie at ga.gov.au
Mon Apr 7 01:28:46 GMT 2014

Paleonetters,

Can anyone tell me which is the correct ending for the specific name listed. I have seen both in the literature, sometimes in the same paper. I assume it is Pygodus serrus so the generic and specific name agree in gender. However, I don't actually work on conodonts, so it is quite possible I may be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me?

John Laurie
Palaeontologist  |  Basin Resources Group
Energy Division  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61 2 6249 9412    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9999
Email:  John.Laurie at ga.gov.au<mailto:John.Laurie at ga.gov.au>    Web:  www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive Symonston ACT
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia