Paleonet: Larson and Russell

Richard Gottfried fossilnut007 at msn.com
Mon Apr 14 19:31:05 GMT 2014

Dear Sir:

Larson and Russell did state their cases in a clear, organized and non-confrontational manner.  The tone was not at all intemperate, and their salient points were backed up by their literature references.

This is an important debate because regulations promulgated by legislative bodies are in response to one-sided arguments, and this discourages young kids from pursuing collecting fossils.  Scientists in many unrelated fields (I am a retired microbiologist) had their interest in science started by pursuing this type of hobby.  We deplore the lack of interest by students in the STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) but prohibit their participation in this field.

Richard Gottfried

Message: 2