Paleonet: IPC Mendoza Symposium: Comparative Palaeoecology of Phanerozoic Extinction Events

Luke Mander luke.mander at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:07:54 GMT 2014

Dear All,

We would like to invite those planning to attend IPC in Mendoza this year
to submit an abstract to our symposium, which is entitled “Comparative
Palaeoecology of Phanerozoic Extinction Events”.

This symposium aims to explore general patterns in the collapse and
rebuilding of terrestrial and marine ecosystems during the Phanerozoic. We
welcome contributions focused on the traditional ‘Big-5’ mass extinctions,
as well as other intervals of accelerated extinction during the
Phanerozoic. We are particularly interested in contributions that aim to
bridge the gap between global database and single section studies, and
research that links palaeoecological work with the real-time dynamics
observed in ecological studies.

The abstract submission deadline is May 15, 2014:
http://www.ipc4mendoza2014.org.ar/abstracts/

We hope to see you in Argentina later this year!

Richard Twitchett, Luke Mander, Silvia Danise