Paleonet: Austin Hendy at LACMIP

Lindsey Groves lgroves at nhm.org
Thu Dec 4 19:55:59 GMT 2014

To all PaleoNetters:

It is my pleasure to announce that Dr. Austin Hendy has joined the NHM as the new Invertebrate Paleontology collections manager succeeding Mary Stecheson who retired in May after nine years at LACMIP.  He will be splitting his time between the Museum and the Carson Invertebrate Paleontology/Malacology facility and can be contacted at ahendy at nhm.org<mailto:ahendy at nhm.org> or 310-851-4764 (Carson) or 213-763-3377 (museum).  Please direct all loan, visitation, and/or collection requests directly to him.
Austin received his Masters Degree from the University of Waikato in New Zealand under the advisement of Peter Kamp, and his Ph.D. from the University of Cincinnati where he studied with invertebrate paleontologists Arnie Miller and Carlton Brett.  Since then he has conducted research and gained substantial collections experience at Yale University, the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama, and most recently the Florida Museum of Natural History. He is widely published in molluscan paleontology, taphonomy, paleo-environments, and paleo-faunal interpretation of Panama, Colombia, and Venezuela, among other topics.  He is a tremendous asset to the Museum and we welcome him!

Aloha,

Lindsey

Lindsey T. Groves
Malacology Section, Collection Manager