Paleonet: "fake" journals

Robert Speijer Robert.Speijer at ees.kuleuven.be
Sat Dec 20 17:04:39 GMT 2014

Apparently the problem of hijacked journals is already quite widespread. This seems to pertain mostly to rather local journals, but there might be journals in paleo too.

My latest invitation to publish was to this one: Ciência e Técnica
Being curious and suspicious after Bruno's message I googled the name and indeed it was mentioned on the following website which is devoted to the problem and lists the journals affected:
http://www.mehrdadjalalian.com/index.php/list-of-hijacked-journals-and-fake-publishers/30-hiajcked-journal-list-2014-first-edition-june-2014

Robert P. Speijer

Professor of Paleontology
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, KU Leuven
Celestijnenlaan 200E, B-3001 Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32 16 326404; Fax: +32 16 322980
Papers at ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Robert_Speijer/?ev=hdr_xprf>