Paleonet: Question about phylogenetic position of Kakabekia

Theropod theropod at ubtanet.com
Wed Dec 24 00:10:27 GMT 2014

Sorry if this is a duplicated post but I'm not sure my first actually
got through.

Is there a consensus on which domain (or lower category) the genus
Kakabekia is assigned to?  I have seen it listed in algal databases,
fungal databases, as a "bacterium", and as a "eukaryote".  With a living
species in the genus I wouldn't expect such variability.  Or has the
living species been assigned to another genus?

Thanks

DanChure