Paleonet: Help with some fossils

Magdalena Gill coppercarbonate at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 20:47:19 GMT 2014

I notice that all the fossils are aligned in the same way, i.e. the narrow
ends are pointing in the same direction. This would be very odd if they
were some type of cephalopod. (I have seen nautiloids in sandstone btw, in
a glacial erratic in Poland- probably sourced in Scandinavia somewhere).

My best guess is that it might be a storm bed of horn corals, buried in a
single event, but it is hard to tell without a handlens and closer look.