Paleonet: International Palaeontological Congress, IPC5, 2018. Call for proposals (reminder)

Sandy Carlson sjcarlson at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 6 19:51:16 GMT 2014

Thank you, Roger -- do you have the list of new IPA council members?  If so, could you send it along to us (Steve Holland, Arnie Miller and me)?  Thank you!!

		Sandy

On Nov 6, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Roger D. K. Thomas wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

>      I am pleased to report, to those of you who were not able to be present and do not already know this yourselves, that our colleagues in Argentina convened a highly successful IPC4 in Mendoza.  The Congress offered a rich and varied scientific program, exciting field trips, lively social events, and it attracted a record number of participants, including a great many students.  Our warmest thanks and congratulations are due to all our colleagues in Argentina who worked so hard to put on such a great event.
>

>      At the International Palaeontological Association’s General Assembly, a call for proposals to host IPC5 in 2018 was issued.  Two groups, in France and Japan, have so far expressed their intentions to submit proposals to host IPC5.
>

>      Please draw the opportunity to submit bids to host IPC5 to the attention of any other groups that may wish to submit a bid to convene the next congress.  Proposals should be submitted to our newly elected Secretary-General, Lars Holmer < lars.holmer at pal.uu.se > by December 15, 2014.
>

>      Kind regards,   Roger
>
> --
>> Roger D. K. Thomas
>> John Williamson Nevin Professor of Geosciences
>> Past-Secretary-General, International Palaeontological Association
>> ___________________________________
>> Department of Earth and Environment
>> Franklin & Marshall College
>> P.O. Box 3003
>> Lancaster
>> Pennsylvania 17604-3003

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sandra J. Carlson
Professor of Geology
Past-President, The Paleontological Society
Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA  95616-8605

sjcarlson at ucdavis.edu