Paleonet: Submissions invited to GSA session T157. "Eat, Prey, Love, and Burrow: Tracing Animal Behavior through Time"

Kelley, Patricia kelleyp at uncw.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:30:01 GMT 2015

As the GSA abstracts deadline approaches (August 11), we remind you of and encourage your submission to our topical session at GSA Baltimore:

T157. "Eat, Prey, Love, and Burrow: Tracing Animal Behavior through Time"

Various approaches are available to interpret animal behaviors. On occasion, animals are preserved "caught in the act" of predation, mating, fighting, brooding eggs, competing for space, etc. More often behaviors are inferred from taphonomy, functional morphology, trace fossils, sedimentological approaches, and neontological experiments. Geochemistry has provided evidence for migration and feeding.  This session presents research on any type of behavior (e.g., feeding, mating, locomotion, symbiosis), using any of the many approaches to inferring behavior.  Although abstracts focused on a single time interval and/or locality are more than welcome, we particularly encourage contributions tracing animal behavior through evolutionary time and its implications.

Questions? Please contact any of the session organizers:

Adiël Klompmaker adielklompmaker at gmail.com<mailto:adielklompmaker at gmail.com>

Devapriya Chattopadhyay devapriya at iiserkol.ac.in<mailto:devapriya at iiserkol.ac.in>

Patricia H. Kelley kelleyp at uncw.edu<mailto:kelleyp at uncw.edu>

Dr. Patricia H. Kelley