Paleonet: Beware of dodgy abstract acceptance e-mails

John Laurie john.r.laurie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 02:19:37 GMT 2015

Dear Paleonetters,

I just received an e-mail congratulating me for having my abstract accepted
for an oral presentation at a Geol Soc America meeting in Baltimore later
this year. The fact that the title is the same as a previous abstract
submitted to another conference, and that I have not submitted an abstract
to any conference in the US clearly indicates that this e-mail is bogus.
So, if you get one of these, delete it immediately.

Regards

John