Paleonet: Jill Hardesty

Ron West rrwest at ksu.edu
Sat Sep 12 23:24:27 GMT 2015

Terrible news Paul, but as Sandy noted, not unexpected.  I had the privilege of knowing Jill for a VERY long time, long before I became involved with the Treatise.   She was always such a pleasant and helpful person.  During my involvement with the recently completed Treatise volume her constant help, advice, and extensive knowledge of Treatise matters where invaluable.

Please keep me posted as to any plans to honor her.

Ron
On Sep 12, 2015, at 11:14 AM, "Selden, Paul Antony" <selden at ku.edu> wrote:

> With great sadness, the Paleontological Institute, University of Kansas, announces that former Assistant Editor and Deputy Director Jill Hardesty passed away in the evening of Thursday September 10th, 2015 in the company of her husband, Mike Cormack, and daughters Emma and Anna. She had been diagnosed with brain cancer in February 2013, and had to retire from her position in 2014.
>
> Jill worked for the Institute from 1989, and was well known to a great many Treatise authors around the world, through correspondence and her attendance at paleontological conferences. Her kindness, helpfulness, and optimism to the end will be sorely missed.
>
> Paul Selden
> Director of the Paleontological Institute
> Gulf-Hedberg Distinguished Professor of Invertebrate Paleontology, Department of Geology
> University of Kansas, Lindley Hall, 1475 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
>
> email: selden at ku.edu
> phone: (785) 864-2751 Lab: (785) 864-9049
> Paleontological Institute web site: http://paleo.ku.edu

Ronald R. West, Ph.D.
Research Associate; Natural History Museum and Biodiversity Institute, University of Kansas
Adjunct Senior Scientist; Kansas Geological Survey
Emeritus Professor of Palaeobiology and Biology; Kansas State University

MAILING ADDRESS
1014 Houston Street
Manhattan, Kansas 66502
USA