Paleonet: Job Opportunity: Teaching Fellow in Palaeobiology

Purnell, Mark A. (Prof.) map2 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 13:28:40 GMT 2016

Interested in joining the Palaeobiology Group at the University of Leicester? We're looking for a Teaching Fellow in Palaeobiology.
Details below.
This position is advertised as a nine month appointment, but the job is partly to provide teaching cover while Professor Mark Purnell undertakes a College-level role, the term of which is three years.
Closing date November 13th

Teaching Fellow in Palaeobiology

College of Science & Engineering
Department of Geology

Salary Grade 7 - £32,958 to £38,183 per annum
Fixed term 03 January 2017-30 September 2017

Ref: SEN00793

The University of Leicester is a world-leading institution, marked by a belief in the synergy of research and teaching. With over 23,000 students, including 4,300 from overseas, and 3,800 staff, including over 1,200 active researchers, we believe a university should empower, inspire and innovate. Under the leadership of our new President and Vice-Chancellor, Professor Paul Boyle, the University is entering an exciting new phase of development with an ambitious and transformative agenda for 2020 and beyond.

We are looking for a first class teacher in the field of Palaeobiology, who will deliver high-quality teaching, including practical classes and fieldwork at all levels and be able to demonstrate the ability to develop innovative teaching methods. A strong commitment to teaching is essential and you will support the work of the Department in developing and enhancing its reputation, both internal and external to the University.
You will hold (or be close to completing) a PhD in Geology or Palaeobiology, or have relevant research experience as well as experience of teaching or demonstrating in practical classes and on field courses.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Professor Richard England on hodgeol at le.ac.uk<mailto:hodgeol at le.ac.uk>
The closing date for this post is midnight on 13 November 2016.
We anticipate that assessments will take place on 29 November 2016.
Click on the url below and search on the reference number SEN00793 for more information and to apply.
http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/jobs/opportunities/jobsearch