Paleonet: Emergency Hire at SUNY Oneonta

Leigh Fall leigh.fall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:32:39 GMT 2017

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at SUNY Oneonta is looking to make an emergency hire in structural geology for the 2017-18 academic year. We anticipate that during that year, the department will conduct a search to fill this position with a tenure-track hire. The emergency hire will be eligible to apply for the tenure-track position when it is authorized by our administration.

We are looking for a recent Ph.D. or ABD with a strong background in structural geology and a commitment to excellent teaching. The emergency hire will teach one section of Mapping Techniques (sophomores and juniors) and a general education, broad spectrum Earth Science class in the fall. In the spring, the courses would be Structural Geology (juniors and seniors) and either Global Tectonics (generally sophomores), a general education course or a specialty course of the successful candidate’s choosing.

For more information, interested parties should contact me at the e-mail address or phone number listed below. I can answer questions and direct those interested to my department chair.

Please share this message with your colleagues!

Thanks,
Leigh

Dr. Leigh M. Fall
Dept. of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences