Paleonet: MORPH2017

N. MacLeod n.macleod9 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:11:29 GMT 2017

This just in …

—————

The Department of Archaeology and Heritage Studies at Aarhus University (Denmark) warmly invites you to MORPH2017, an annual academic conference focusing on the archaeological applications of traditional and (primarily) geometric morphometrics. Following its successes at the University of Southampton and University College London, the conference returns for its third installment on 4th-5th May 2017.

We welcome abstracts which discuss and/or use traditional and geometric morphometric methodologies to investigate aspects of the archaeological record. We are particularly interested in new studies and applications of geometric morphometric (2D/3D) methodologies, critical reviews on the application of geometric morphometric techniques, and the appropriateness of morphological statistical significance in understanding archaeological significance. All abstracts should be submitted before 17th March 2017 - a provisional programme will be outlined shortly after.

Our two keynote speakers for the conference are Dr. Radu Iovita (Assistant Professor of Anthropology, New York University) and Dr. Philipp Gunz (Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology).

In addition to a series of talks we will also be hosting two workshops on geometric morphometrics: one for people who are new to geometric morphometrics, and one for colleagues wishing to use R packages in their analyses. A number of other social and conference events (including a data café and evening dinner) will also take place.

We are also pleased to announce that we will have on-site childcare facilities for the duration of the MORPH2017 conference, and that this will be of no extra charge to attendees.