Paleonet: PaleoNet Migration Today!!!

Norman MacLeod n.macleod at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 09:30:13 GMT 2017

Dear Subscriber:

Today (24 January) the PaleoNet e-mail list will migrate from the servers of The Natural History Museum (NHM) to the servers of The Palaeontological Association (PalAss). At or around 10:00AM (GMT) this morning PaleoNet will be taken offline at the NHM and the current subscriber list and, along with associated admin. files, sent to the PalAss Internet Officer, Alan Spencer. Alan will then copy these files to their appropriate places in the e-mail list software that will be PaleoNet’s new host, after which Alan and I will conduct a series of tests to ensure the migration has been successful. Once we have satisfied ourselves that all is as it should be the list will be brought back online.

This e-mail constitutes notification that the migration has begun. When the migration has been completed and functionality tests passed I will send all subscribers a "Welcome Back" e-mail through the list from its new host. In the interval between these two postings subscribers should disregard any messages they might receive from PaleoNet. Of course, subscribers should refrain from posting anything to PaleoNet during this interval. We will try to bring the list back online as soon as possible (hopefully later today). But until the migration has been accomplished we won't be able to estimate when that will be.

Up-to-date information about the progress of the migration will be posted on the new PaleoNet website Home Page which can be accessed at:

http://paleonet.org/

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding the migration they should contact me.

Thank you in advance for bearing with us during this transition interval and thank you for your support of PaleoNet.

With kind regards.

Norm MacLeod

Professor Norman MacLeod
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD
(0)207 942-5204 (Office Landline)
(0)785 017-1787 (Mobile)
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/paleonet/MacLeod/

Department of Earth Sciences, University College
London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK

Nanjing Institute of Geology & Palaeontology,
Chinese Academy of Sciences, 39 Beijing, Donglu, Nanjing, China