Paleonet: Invitation to submit abstracts to GSA 2017 Session T249: New Voices in Geobiology

Rowan Martindale rowanmartindale at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:45:39 GMT 2017

Dear colleagues,

We encourage you to submit an abstract for our topical session: “*New
Voices in Geobiology (T249)*” to be held at the GSA Annual Meeting in
Seattle, Washington, on October 22-25, 2017.

The goal of this session is to bring together new research (and new
researchers) focusing on the interplay between geologic and biologic
processes with a special emphasis on new field sites, novel
materials/methods, and the development/refinement of proxies. We
particularly encourage early career faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and
graduate students to submit abstracts to this session. Overall we hope to
bring together scientists specializing in geobiology,
biology,(geo)microbiology, paleobiology/paleontology, inorganic and organic
geochemisty, paleoecology, paleoclimatology, and sedimentology to generate
new, interdisciplinary ideas and collaborations at the intersection of
these fields.

The GSA abstract website
<http://community.geosociety.org/gsa2017/science-careers/sessions/abstracts> is
now open for submissions and the abstract deadline is midnight August 1st.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Please forward
this on to colleagues or students who may be interested in this session.

We hope to see you at GSA!
The GSA Geobiology & Geomicrobiology Division Executive Committee
Victoria A. Petryshyn
<https://dornsife.usc.edu/cf/faculty-and-staff/faculty.cfm?pid=1012708>
(University
of Southern California)