Paleonet: International Paleontological Congress (Paris, July) Abstract Deadline is Feb 15

Tackett, Lydia lydia.tackett at ndsu.edu
Thu Feb 8 15:01:28 GMT 2018

Dear colleagues,

The deadline for abstract submission to the 5th International Palaeontological Congress (IPC5) in Paris is rapidly approaching, and Lidya and myself would like to encourage you and your students to submit abstracts to our interdisciplinary session, entitled:

S9 Coevolution of Life and Environments: Integrating the Paleoecological, Sedimentological and Geochemical Records

Earth’s biosphere is strongly influenced by organism-environment interactions, ranging from habitat engineering and ecosystem construction to biotic mediation of sedimentary processes and nutrient cycling. This session seeks to explore new developments in tracking how surface processes have both mediated and been impacted by the evolutionary and ecological development of life on Earth.

Please consider submitting your research to this session. We welcome contributions from a broad range of disciplines, including but not limited to paleoecological, sedimentological, geochemical, ichnological, and taphonomic approaches, with an emphasis upon multidisciplinary investigations.

IPC5 will be held July 9–13, 2018, in Paris, France. Submission of abstracts is now open (https://ipc5.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/41) and will remain open until Feb. 15, 2018. The conference will also include a number of field trips, short courses and workshops. Please see the 2nd conference circular (https://ipc5.sciencesconf.org/data/pages/IPC5_second_circular.pdf) for further details regarding conference events, abstract formatting and submission, upcoming deadlines and travel grant opportunities. Deadlines for the second-wave registration is March 31st. We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in Paris.

We would be grateful if you would also forward this announcement to your colleagues and students.

If you have additional questions, please contact Lydia (Lydia.Tackett at ndsu.edu<mailto:Lydia.Tackett at ndsu.edu>) or Lidya ( Lidya.Tarhan at yale.edu<mailto:Lidya.Tarhan at yale.edu> ).

With best wishes,

Lydia Tackett and Lidya Tarhan