Paleonet: 2018 Analytical Paleobiology Short Course (July 19 - August 15)

Kowalewski,Michal mkowalewski at flmnh.ufl.edu
Fri Feb 23 02:50:10 GMT 2018

Dear Students,

We are pleased to announce that the first edition of the Analytical Paleobiology Short Course will be offered this summer in the Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida (Gainesville, USA). The course will start on Thursday July 19 and end on Wednesday August 15.

This 4-week course, sponsored by the National Science Foundation, the Paleontological Society, and the EarthRates RCN initiative is designed to introduce graduate students to a range of analytical methods that are foundational to or at the cutting edge of paleobiological research.

We are also pleased to inform you that financial aid will be available to successful applicants regardless of geographic location and country of residence.

PhD students from any degree-granting institution worldwide will be eligible for admission. Applications from junior scientists who completed their PhD recently and from future PhD students (i.e., advanced undergraduate students and MS students interested in research-oriented careers in paleontology) will also be considered. Detailed information about the course content, application process, and admission procedures is forthcoming.

Please visit our website at www.analytical.palaeobiology.de<http://www.analytical.palaeobiology.de/> to check for updates and additional information. The application instructions will be posted on our website soon. The anticipated application deadline is April 1, 2018 and admission decisions will be communicated to applicants before the end of April.

Questions about the course should be directed to Michal Kowalewski at kowalewski at ufl.edu.<mailto:kowalewski at ufl.edu?subject=Analytical%20Paleobiology%20Short%20Course>

The Initial Organizing Committee
(Seth Finnegan, Wolfgang Kiessling, Michal Kowalewski, Rowan Lockwood, Charles Marshall, Shanan Peters and Alycia Stigall)