Paleonet: In search of bryozoans

Phil Bock philbock1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:39:37 GMT 2018

I am on holiday and away from my library. Nevertheless:
The goto for freshwater bryos is

Wöss, Emmy R., 2005. (Editor)
Moostiere (Bryozoa).
Denisia 16: 1-367.

Contents at
http://www.zobodat.at/publikation_volumes.php?id=14602 <http://www.zobodat.at/publikation_volumes.php?id=14602>

Fossil phylactolaemates are covered by Roaring & pint in that volume: PDF available at
http://www.zobodat.at/pdf/DENISIA_0016_0095-0102.pdf <http://www.zobodat.at/pdf/DENISIA_0016_0095-0102.pdf>

Fossils are exclusively statoblasts (small and roundish)- so the interpretation as bryozoans and not something else subject to question.
Triassic from South Africa, and Cretaceous from Australia.

Another link
https://www.nhbs.com/moostiere-bryozoa-moss-animals-bryozoa-english-french-german-book <https://www.nhbs.com/moostiere-bryozoa-moss-animals-bryozoa-english-french-german-book>

A Russian worker has described Jurassic phylactolaemates, but I have not followed up in detail

Vinogradov, A.V., 1995. <>
New fossil bryozoans from continental water bodies of Russia and Kazakhstan [in Russian].
Paleontologicheskii Zhurnal, 1995 (4): 43-53.

Also in English: 	• Paleontological Journal 30(3):284-292

Species include Plumatella relevata Vingradov 1995; Stephanella continentalis Vinogradov 1995

Phil Bock