Paleonet: Collaboration in the COVID era

N. MacLeod n.macleod9 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 16:03:22 GMT 2020

This just in ...
----------

We all know that times are strange right now, and the lives of
scientists very different from normal. For those who are missing
conference travel, and the opportunity to discuss your work and build
collaborations with other research groups, we would like to suggest a
replacement project: why not edit a theme issue of Philosophical
Transactions B?

Each issue is carefully planned out, so is more like a book than a
standard collection of related papers. The broad scope means that you
are not restricted in terms of subject area, and you can be inventive
with different article types. As Guest Editor, you will have the
opportunity to build your network and gain editorial experience, with a
high-profile Editorial Board and experienced staff to help you at every
step of the way.

Read about the experience of former Guest Editors
(https://blogs.royalsociety.org/publishing/the-art-of-being-a-good-guest-editor-phil-trans-b/)
and download our flyer
(https://royalsocietypublishing.org/pb-assets/PTBassets/Phil_Trans_B_guest_editing_flyer-1590054758947.pdf).
Then, if interested, feel free to contact me, Helen Eaton, Commissioning
Editor with your ideas.

Helen Eaton
Commissioning Editor
Royal Society Publishing