Paleonet: Ordovician locality

Plotnick, Roy E plotnick at uic.edu
Mon Mar 2 23:21:10 GMT 2020

My department has a very small collection of material that was originally part of the non-type material of James Hall. For a multitude of reasons, most are missing labels and/or locality information. Today I noticed two small slabs of graptolites. Both had typed labels on them that read "Point 3 miles above Riviere St. Anne., J.R." One then reads "P 38, 1858"; the other "P 68, 1859".
I am assuming that J.R. is James Richardson. I also am assuming that the material is from the Ordovician of Quebec. Does anyone:

1)      Know more about this locality?

2)      Can point me to what  pages or plates are being referred to?

Thanks in advance. - Roy

Roy E. Plotnick
Professor

University of Illinois at Chicago
845 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60607
E-mail: plotnick at uic.edu<mailto:plotnick at uic.edu>

rm: 2454 Science and Engineering South
office phone: 312-996-2111
fax: 312-413-2279
lab phone: 312-355-1342
web page: http://www.uic.edu/~plotnick/plotnick.htm
Blog: https://medium.com/@plotnick

"The scientific celebrities, forgetting their molluscs and glacial periods, gossiped about art, while devoting themselves to oysters and ices with characteristic energy.." -Little Women, Louisa  May Alcott