Paleonet: Virginia Tech shooting

Judith Harris harrisj at valornet.com
Tue Apr 17 14:12:48 GMT 2007

I am so shocked and sorry about this. I read your original email and
then I saw an article. Horrific. How does the shooter get into such a
state. And the difficulty and sorrow in coping with it....is terrible
to think of. Thank you Michal for your communications
Judith Harris
harrisj at valornet.com

On Apr 16, 2007, at 7:45 PM, Michal Kowalewski wrote:

> Sandy,
>
> Thanks for the email. Yes, it is hard to believe what happened here.
> Fortunately, to my knowledge, all folks in our department are OK (as
> far as it is possible given the circumstances).
>
> Michal
>
> At 05:38 PM 4/16/2007, you wrote:
>> Thank you so much for your message!  I heard about it driving in to
>> work this morning, and was hoping that you were all OK.  What a
>> crazy world!
>>
>> Sandy
>>

>> On Apr 16, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Michal Kowalewski wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>
>>> This email is a bit off topic, but it may be the fastest way to let
>>> all interested know that the Virginia Tech Geosciences Building was
>>> not directly involved in the shooting tragedy that happened today in
>>> Blacskburg (see news website). The names of victims have not been
>>> realized, but as far as I know all faculty, post-docs, and students
>>> from our department (including all from our paleontology group) are
>>> OK. They cancelled all classes and kept us all locked in our
>>> buliding