Paleonet: Biostratigraphic datums - a question

Lucy E Edwards leedward at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 18 14:22:06 GMT 2007

For single-core comparison to a precise age model, I suggest graphic
correlation with one-sided sample-interval bars or boxes (up to the next
highest sample that could have contained the species but didn't for
last/highest occurrences; down to the next lowest sample that  could have
contained the species but didn't for first/lowest occurrences).

I heartily suggest Gilinsky and Signor's 1991 Paleo Society shortcourse
(#4) notes.

Lucy E. Edwards
U.S. Geological Survey
926A National Center