Paleonet: index fossils of north america

Nikolaus Malchus n.malchus at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 12:50:42 GMT 2007

The 1949 version is a reprint. No statement of new or revised edition.
There is only one preface dated 1943.
A short reference to errors appeared in J. of Paleontology, 21(5), Sept.
1947, p. 496-497.
Corrigenda for "Index... by R.R. Shrock

I suppose these and other errors that may have shown up in following
decades have been dealt with in more recent reprints/facsimiles.

Cheers,

Niko

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:58:53 -0400
> Von: "Pojeta, John" <POJETAJ at si.edu>
> An: "PaleoNet" <paleonet at nhm.ac.uk>
> Betreff: Re: Paleonet: index fossils of north america
>

> Matt,
>
>          Check to see if the 1949 and later are reprintings rather than
> editions; this should be on one side or the other to the title pages.
>

>          John
>
>          pojetaj at si.edu
>
>                            From:
> paleonet-bounces+pojetaj=si.edu at nhm.ac.uk

Nikolaus Malchus
PhD (Geology-Paleontology)
Dept. de Geologia/Unitat Paleontologia, Universitat
Autònoma de Barcelona, Campus, Edifici Cs
08193 Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès), Catalonia,
SPAIN; Tel x34-93-581-1464 / Fax x34-93-581-1263
http://www.senckenberg.de/odes/06-16.htm
International Congress on Bivalvia, July 2006
published abstracts, field guides and posters