Paleonet: Paleontological Research Institution's 4th Annual Summer Symposium Next Week

Ursula Smith ues4 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 3 02:58:46 GMT 2010

Next week is PRI's 4th annual summer symposium at our Museum of the
Earth in Ithaca, upstate New York.  If you'd like to attend, there's
still plenty of time to register as the event is very informal.  If
you'd like to present a talk or a poster there's no need for an
abstract.

Friday August 13th will be a day of talks from staff, students and
research associates at PRI and visitors from other local
organizations.  This will finish with a keynote address by Richard G.
Harrison from Cornell's department of Ecology and Evolutionary
Biology, who's current NSF grant is funding our current temporary
exhibit "One Fish, Two Fish, Old Fish, New Fish*: Exploring the
Evolution of Biodiversity"  This will be followed by a barbecue.

On Saturday August 14th, Carl Brett (of University of Cincinnati's
Geology Department) will be leading a field trip to some local
Devonian fossil sites.  You can attend just the field trip for a
reduced cost.

The cost of registration for the two days is $25 or $15 for students.
In addition to all the presentations, this also gives you access to
the Museum and includes food. If you just want to attend the field
trip on Saturday it's just $10. An online registration form and
provisional schedule can be found on the museum's website here:
http://www.museumoftheearth.org/research.php?page=548301

We hope to see some of you there.  If you have questions, please email
me at ues4 at cornell.edu

Ursula
~~~
On Exhibit at Museum of the Earth:
One Fish, Two Fish, Old Fish, New Fish*: Exploring the Evolution of Biodiversity
March 6, 2010 - September 5, 2010
With National Science Foundation support from grant 0639904 to Dr.
Richard Harrison, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology,
Cornell University

Mon. - Sat. 10 am - 5pm and Sun. 11 am - 5 pm. Closed Tuesday and
Wednesday (Labor Day - Memorial Day).

Visit us on the web at www.museumoftheearth.org
PRI and its Museum of the Earth are part of Ithaca's Discovery Trail.
Learn more at www.discoverytrail.com.
*ONE FISH, TWO FISH, RED FISH, BLUE FISH™ & © 1960 Dr. Seuss
Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved. Used by permission.