Paleonet: request for amber, copal, and exudate samples

Santiago-Blay, Jorge BLAYJ at si.edu
Thu Aug 5 10:39:31 GMT 2010

Dear PaleoNetters:

For years, Dr. Joseph Lambert (Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA) and I have been collaborating in the chemical characterization of plant exudates and more ancient materials. This is a request for solid, natural plant exudates, as well as more ancient materials, such as copal and amber, weighing, at least, 100 mg. Any plant exudate, copal, or amber associated to an anthropological/archeological artifact is also welcomed. We do not make a profit from our research. Please, feel free to contact me before sending any samples. Apologies for any cross-posting. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jorge Santiago-Blay
Department of Paleobiology, MRC-121
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution, P. O. Box 37012
Washington, D.C. 20013-7012 USA

For packages sent via a fast courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.), please use the following address:
Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, Research Associate
Department of Paleobiology, MRC-121, 10th and Constitution Avenue
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution, West Loading Dock, Washington, D.C. 20560 USA