Paleonet: Bill Berry obituary and Memorial Fund

Charles Marshall crmarshall at berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 1 23:32:29 UTC 2011

Hi All,

	As many of you probably know, late last month we lost one of
our greats, Bill Berry.  Serving as a  Professor of Earth and
Planetary Science at UC Berkeley, he died on Friday, May 20, 2011, of
cancer and related complications.  An obituary is now posted on the
UCMP www site:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/blog/archives/1286

	No service is planned.  However, at the request of his family
a memorial fund will be established in Bill's name to acknowledge his
53-year-contribution to paleontology and the University of
California, Berkeley.  The fund will support graduate research in
invertebrate paleontology.   Details are referenced at the close of
the obituary.  Please share the obituary with others who knew and
worked with Bill.

Yours sincerely,
Charles Marshall
--