Paleonet: Help with identification of mystery fossils

Hasiotis, Stephen Tom hasiotis at ku.edu
Wed Oct 3 22:00:01 UTC 2012

________________________________
From: paleonet-bounces at nhm.ac.uk [paleonet-bounces at nhm.ac.uk] on behalf of Erik [orbulina at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:52 PM
To: PaleoNet at nhm.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Paleonet: Help with identification of mystery fossils

The photos of the fossils I mentioned are currently awaiting approval in the administrator's inbox. In the meantime please see this link:
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/25724479_8JtrLm#!i=2126781032&k=NsX8rcm

Thanks!
Erik

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Erik <orbulina at gmail.com<mailto:orbulina at gmail.com>> wrote:
Dear Paleofriends,

I wonder if any of you have an idea of what these fossils are? They were found in a thin mudrock interval interpreted as an interdune environment within a well-documented desert sandstone of the Weber Formation (Colorado,USA) of Late Carboniferous (Pennsylvanian) to Permian age.

I received the following guesses: desert shrub bark, insect wings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Erik Anthonissen l Earth Scientist (Biostratigrapher)
CHEVRON Energy Technology Company