Paleonet: Anita G. Harris

Edwards, Lucy leedward at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 15 11:58:39 GMT 2014

Dear Paleonetters,

It is with sadness that we report that our friend and colleague, Anita
Harris, U.S. Geological Survey (retired), passed away last weekend.  She
was 77.

Anita had an eminent career as geologist and conodont expert. Her research
centered on biostratigraphy and geological history of Paleozoic and
Triassic sedimentary rocks using conodonts and their thermal alteration.
She developed the standard conodont color alteration index (CAI) now used
worldwide. Anyone who had the experience of interacting with Anita can
attest to her unbridled work ethic and her uninhibited, probing, creative
spirit. Her energy will be missed.

Lucy Edwards, John Repetski
Lucy E. Edwards
U.S. Geological Survey