Paleonet: 2014 Summer Symposium at the Paleontological Research Institution in Ithaca, NY

Brendan Anderson bma53 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:09:58 GMT 2014

Please join us for the 8th annual Summer Symposium at the Paleontological
Research Institution in Ithaca, NY on August 2nd and 3rd, 2014!

*Important Dates:*

*Registration for Presentations closes July 21st*, or when all spaces are
full*.*
All registrations will close* July 26.*

*We can still accommodate a few more talks and posters.*

*Saturday, August 2nd* will feature posters and oral presentations by
professionals, students, and amateurs whose research covers paleontology,
earth science, biology and science education. The keynote will be given by
Dr. Linda Ivany of Syracuse University. Breakfast, lunch and the evening
barbecue are included with registration.

*Sunday, August 3rd* there will be a field trip from PRI led by Dr. Gordon
Baird of SUNY Fredonia. Field trip registration will include lunch, but
guests are encouraged to bring their own snacks and water.

Visit our webpage, museumoftheearth.org/symposium to sign up for one or
both of these exciting days. If you are doing research please also sign up
to share it with us in a talk or poster presentation! Talks will be 15
minute slots (12 minute talks with 3 minutes for questions). Posters should
be no wider than 48 inches and we recommend the height not exceed 36-40
inches. *Remaining slots for talks are limited so register today. *All
registrants will also receive a 10% discount off their entire purchase at
the Museum Store on Saturday, August 2nd.

We look forward to seeing you this summer at PRI!

Summer Symposium organizing committee:

Brendan Anderson

Stephen Durham

Dana Friend